The Diet Dirt Week 5 (sorry, no Week 4)

Last week my diet was basically non-existant.  I was eating every single meal at work, which is always hard.  By dinner - which is always my biggest meal - I was tired, sore, hungry and weak with cravings.  I was getting sick of Lean Cuisines and coffee only takes me so far with the energy.  I needed calories, and even though I was pretty sure that I didn't exercise enough to justify it, I ate on-campus two nights in a row.  Both nights contained french fries, and one night also included chicken fingers.  Fried, fried, and more fried.  But it helped, and although I sort of regreted it, I had to be ok with my decision.

On Monday morning I weighed myself and was pleasantly surprised!  I had only gained about 6/10ths of a pound!  However, I wrote it off just being a fluke - I was probably dehydrated or something.  But the next morning I was back down to the 149.8 that I had started off the week at, even with all of those fries!  And this morning I was down even more!

Days on diet: 38
Starting weight: 154.4 (as of Monday, 8/24)
Current Weight: 148.8 (9/30)
Goal weight: 140
Weight lost:5.6
Weight left to lose: 8.8

I'm feeling great and happy that I didn't totally undo all of the hard work from the previous weeks.  When I sat down and added up all of the time that I spent patrolling campus, it was nearly 16 hours.  Now granted, I was walking at cardio speeds or anything during those 16 hours, but I was walking, and 16 hours of leisurely walking apparently adds up to a lot of calories burned.

And remember that exercise ticker that I posted a few weeks ago?  I've been keeping up with that as well and am now at 875 minutes.




I'm about halfway through the challenge, which ends on October 31st, but am only at 43.75% of my goal, so I do have some catching up to do.  I plan to work hard tonight and tomorrow, since Friday night I'll be going to a Freedom Area High School football game and Saturday night is our now annual Oktoberfest bonfire.  It's been cold in Pennsylvania, so hopefully there won't be snow!

0 comments:

Post a Comment