Vacation Destination #2 - Curacao

Vacation destination #2 is Curacao.  I initially chose Curacao as a country that I would like to visit based on my love for blue alcohol drinks (the liquor Blue Curacao is named after this country.)  Not a very good reason I admit.

The second reason I initially started look at Curacao is because it has a Breezes resort.  I was totally open to also checking out other resorts in Curacao, but as it turns out, Breezes is one of the only all-inclusive (I say "only" because there are some where all-inclusive is an available option, but they generally aren't true all-inclusives.)


One of the main differences between the Jamaica location and the Curacao resort is that it is family-friendly, which can really change the atmosphere when you're used to adults-only.  It could also be a non-issue, depending on how childcare is handled.

So, as I mentioned Breezes is the only all-inclusive resort in Curacao.  I know that the buffet food will be "ok," but that the fine dining restaurants are definitely decent.  Since it's family friendly, this would be a great option if my 5 year old niece ends up joining us, since they have a kid's camp where she could participate in organized activities with other kids during the day while her parents relaxed.

A huge con is that flights to Curacao are long and expensive since it's WAAAAY down near Venezuala - I'm talking close to 12 hours (with layovers).  Thus, to stay within our $1500 per person budget, we would probably only be able to do 5 nights instead of 7.  Couple that with the long flights and it really only leaves us with four full days to spend vacationing.  It is worth it? Every time I look at the pictures of the beaches I think so... (click on the source link under the photo above to see other photos from the Breezes site.)

As far as reviews go, they couldn't be more disparate!!! People either loved the place or hated it, and I'm not sure what to make of that.  I can say that the majority of reviewers though did love it (perhaps 5 loves for every 1 hate.)  Food was mentioned as being average - which is what I expect at an all-inclusive anyway - and there were a lot of raves about the friendly staff.  The haters generally complained about the rooms - one said that there was mold in his room.  Definitely gross, but why didn't they speak with someone about getting a different room?

Has anyone ever been to Curacao?  Part of it's appeal for me it that it doesn't seem like many people have been there, so it's definitely a unique destination.

0 comments:

Post a Comment