A New Focus

This weekend was hard on me, but I have no one to blame other than myself, so "shame on me!"

In terms of eating, I actually did ok.  But it's those liquid alcoholic calories that really did me in, in more ways than one.  After a summer of almost no drinking at all, my body was not ready for party-hardy alcohol consumption and I was hurting the next day. But I did have a great time (at the time) and I did take some pictures, so I'll post some of those soon.

I'm sad that I gained back some of the weight that I spent the last two weeks losing, but the past is the past, and I can only control the future.  So, moving forward....

This week, I'm going to focus less on the diet.  I am doing some preliminary planning for a vacation that D and I (and hopefully some of our friends and family) will be going on next summer, probably in July.  We have a budget, and I spent some time last night looking at the options that are approximately within our price range.  I am going to do a variety of posts this week, each one highlighting one of the areas that we're considering.  I'll also talk about the specific hotels that we've looked into so far that are in our price range, to see if anyone knows of any of the places and to give feedback.  Then at the end of all of the posts, I'm going to have a vote so that you can vote for where you think we should go!  Fun, right?  Hopefully... and even if no one votes, I'm sure we'll be happy with wherever we end up. 

Even though this vacation is practically a full year away, it's still exciting to plan, and keeps me occupied in the evenings (maybe to a fault, since I didn't go on the treadmill last night because I was too busy looking at beaches.)

 
I LOVE snorkeling....
First up will be Jamaica, since that's where we went last year, and it was a trip that really helped us to define some of the expectations that we have for a hotel and a vacation in general.  D's comment last night was, "Well, I want something at least as nice as Jamaica," and I agreed.  So, although we have a strong interest in going to a new island, we are also willing to consider going back to Jamaica, and even to the same resort if we can't find something else within our budget. 
So, anyone have any places that they LOVED in Jamaica!?!? My full write-up will come tomorrow!

0 comments:

Post a Comment