It Breaks My Heart...

A week or so ago I was going through my Google Reader, and noticed that one of the blogs that I follow had a link to another blog, with the note to pray for this person who had suffered through breast cancer, had just given birth two weeks ago, and was not doing well.

I start following this new blog as well, and was captivated by the couple.  If you have some time, I definitely encourage you to check out their blog - http://bandssullivan.blogspot.com.

Since I know that not everyone will have time to read their site, I am going to give a summary below.  Please keep in mind that I don't know these people at all, but I found them to be so amazingly positive and inspirational.  I will also mention that they are very religious and write about this frequently, so if that bothers you, you might not find this as interesting. 
I simply can't help but feel like I know them through reading their blog, and the story is absolutely heartbreaking. 

Sara was diagnosed with breast cancer in the spring, and found out around the same time that she was pregnant.  She went through surgery and chemo and all of the horrible things associated with cancer and yet always had a smile on her face.  Their baby continued to grow at a healthy rate but then Sara had some complications with her pregnancy, probably due to the chemo.  Because of these problems, they had to deliver the baby two months early and possibly due to a problem with the epidural injection, Sara suffered from strange headaches and pains in her neck and spine following her c-section.  There was apparently brain compression, and she was declared brain dead only two days after she was able to take her baby home.  Her baby is only 2 and a half weeks old.  I was choked up reading the last few posts, and her husband dealt with the news, and had real tears when he had to make the decision to take her off of the ventilator.

She was a beautiful and inspiring woman and a great example of why we should all live to see the positive aspects of life.  She was always smiling....

1 comments:

Laura said...

Someone else shared that blog with me yesterday. It IS heartbreaking and sooo SO sad. It made me cry.

Post a Comment