Diet Dirt Week 2

Week 2 doesn't officially end until Sunday, but since I am rarely on the computer on the weekends, and since I will heading to my hometown tomorrow morning for a couple of days, I thought I'd post my reflections on week 2 today.

As of today I have officially lost 2.4 pounds.  This was initially discouraging, since I lost 2.4 pounds last week, meaning I didn't technically knock off any additional weight this week.  But, when I think about it, the first week of any diet that I ever started has always been the strongest week for me, and then it tends to plateau. And, when you consider that the plan that I'm following is supposed to result in 1.3 pounds lost per week, the fact that I've lost nearly 2.6 pounds near the end of week 2 means that I'm right on track!  I definitely feel about good about the path that I'm on, and have no doubt that I can lose that additional two-tenths of a pound by the end of the day Sunday if I'm good.

HOWEVER! That doesn't mean that it's become any easier, or that I'm any less tempted.  For example, today as I drove past the Arby's that I pass each and every day on my way to work, I noticed that they're running a special for 5 regular roast beef sandwiches for $5.  Anyone who knows me knows that I love a good sale. But do I really want to throw all of my hard work away on one meal???  (Not that I could eat 5 sandwiches myself).  We all know that it is SO easy to undue weeks of hard work in one weekend, and eating healthy can be extremely expensive (especially since we are going the organic route whenever available, which is always more expensive.)  But I persevere....

So, my week 2 stats:

Starting weight: 154.4 (as of Monday, 8/24)
Current Weight: 152.0 (9/4)
Goal weight: 140
Weight lost: 2.4
Weight left to lose: 12

# of day on diet so far: 12
# of days that I exercised: 11
# of days that I stayed with my calories: 10

With Labor Day celebrations coming up, it's going to be tough weekend, but I will do everything that I can do stay strong.  

1 comments:

Laura said...

Hey... something I do that helps me when I go to picnics and parties where I know there will be all kinds of junk...

1. I decide before hand how much "junk" I will eat. Like will you have no cookies? Two? Ten? Give yourself a limit before you see the wonderful spread of sugar... or whatever your big weakness is... and then stick to it.

2. I always offer to take a veggie or fruit tray or something that is better for me and I enjoy eating... that way when I see someone stuffing their face with that cake that looks oh so yummy my taste buds aren't left feeling totally deprived and lacking enjoyment. :)

Anyways... those two things have helped me to be successful and not leave parties feeling like I ate the whole house. Good luck to you! Have a great weekend!

Post a Comment