My New Rings

I have long wanted a "placeholder" ring for my engagement and wedding rings for when I travel, am outdoors for long periods of time, or in an situation where my expensive jewelry might be at risk.  When we went on our honeymoon, I only wore my simple wedding band since we were afraid of losing the engagement or it being stolen by leaving it in the hotel room.  But I was sad, and I felt naked without my engagement ring. 

Soon after - while my rings were being sent away to be soldered together - I purchased a cheap bling-ring at Claire's to use as a placeholder.  But they only sold their cheap knock-offs in size 7, and being a size 5, I foolishly thought I could make it work.  No such luck. Not to mention that the cheap metal turned my finger green after only three days.

So I recently made a purchase on Amazon.com for a fitted platinum overlayed sterling silver and cubic zirconia bridal set.   And I couldn't be happier.


Can you tell which set is real and which is the fake? 

For those of you who know what my original engagement ring looked like, it should be easy to tell the difference since one ring is a three-stone setting and the other is a solitaire with side-stones.  But if you DON'T know what my setting looks like, can you tell the difference?   If so, what gave it away?

I, for one, am amazed at how similar the two rings are.  Dave was so blown away that he declared that he should have purchased silver and cubic zirconia in the first place and saved us all a couple thousand dollars.  I actually almost (almost) agreed.


Side view

The set on the left (4-prong with larger side stone) is my original white-gold and diamond ring set.  The six-prong setting on the right is the silver/cubic zirconia set.  I love how similar it is to my original ring set, but I also love the slight difference, and am excited to get to wear it out soon!  I'm not sure when that will be, but I'm fairly confident that no one will know the difference, and I'll definitely be taking these to our vacation - wherever we end up going.  I'm not yet sure how the metal will wear over time, and I hope that it doesn't turn my skin green, but I hopefully silver cleaner will take care of that!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

The fake looks just like my ring. Perhaps that's what Pete did.

Post a Comment