Pitt Game and Tailgating!!!

Being faithful University of Pittsburgh alumni, Dave and I try to go to at least one game a year and September 19th was "that game" this year.  I actually enjoy going to football games.  Dave enjoys the tailgating more, but this time, we had really good seats care of my brother-in-law, which means that Dave is actually able to see the game.  That helps significantly in keeping his interest.  



First shot of the day - literally and photographically speaking

I bought all of us $5 t-shirts from the truck down near Pitt's student union, and considering that a regular Pitt shirt runs around $20 a pop, I think we looked pretty sharp in our knock-offs!



Don't you agree?

We had the best parking spot that we've ever gotten.  We were in the "gold" lot, which is the one right next to the stadium. That's great in itself, but the particular spot that they parked us in was only 1 car away from the being the closest to the stadium!  There was one vehicle to our right, and then beyond that it was a party of people, with music playing, kids games and bouncy things.  It was great.  To top it all off, the car to our left was a media person who had his car valeted there, so we were able to spread out instead of being confined to an area the width of our car. 



Our $5 shirts were totally different shades of yellow. Now that's quality.

As you can see from the sky in the background, the weather was absolutely beautiful.  It was a breezy, sunny day.  I wore jeans, expecting it to be cool, but I was HOT in the sun, and actually rolled my jeans up.  Once the sun set, I was comfortable, and I'm not complaining at all - I couldn't possible ask for better tailgating weather.

Pitt was playing Navy and right before the start of the game military helicopters flew overhead.


Or were they Navy helicopters?

Although I did partake in the tailgating festivities, I designated myself as the designated driver to keep my next-day hangover headache at a minimum.  As the only sober person there - and probably the only person who watched the entire game since Dave was drinking and Laurie and Kevin were busy making new friends - I can confirm that Pitt did, indeed, win.  I think the score was 27 to 14, although since it was almost two weeks ago since we were there, don't quote me on that.

We stayed for the after-game fireworks and feared that traffic was going to be a nightmare but actually lucked out by getting onto the HOV lane within minutes of leaving the parking lot and we FLEW home.  The HOV lane - if you didn't already know - is the best thing about living in the north hills.

Up next, the after-party shenanigans...

0 comments:

Post a Comment