Ok, Winter - Let's have a talk

I'm ready for winter to be over.  Or, at the very least, for it to stop snowing.  I'm tired of the messy, dirty slush that has taken over sidewalks and parking lots.   I'm tired of having to dry the dog every time he comes in from outside, and I hate that his leash is always frozen shut, so that I have to stand outside and squeeze it with my hand until it thaws enough to open.  I hate that I'm always cold, even though I'm wearing a long-sleeved sweatshirt AND a sweatshirt.  My bones still ache with cold...

I hate how unmotivated I am when I'm cold.  I know that if I started working out I would quickly warm up (at least for a short while), but the mere thought of me having to take my clothes off in order to put on workout clothes deters me every time.  I've taken to not turning on the exhaust fan when I shower, because I don't want to shower if I know that I'm going to be freezing when I get out (and obviously, I need to shower every once in a while.)

I like snow for Christmas.  I enjoy the first snowfall, the first shoveling job, the first sled ride of the season, and watching Murph literally frolick in the snow the first time it falls. 


Murph likes sledding too...

But once mid-January kicks in, I can't take it.  I start looking for jobs in warmer regions, and Dave and I have semi-serious conversations about where we might be interested in moving, just to get away from this cold.  Yeah, we could turn our heat up until we're toasting and happy, but we can't afford that, so it's not really an option.

What I really need to spring.  Right here, right now.  I need that ground hog to poke his head out of his hole in three weeks saying that it spring is just around the corner.  And then I need to crocuses to start poking this little heads up as well (a sure sign that's spring!)  In the fall, meteorologists were saying that this was supposed to be a "mild winter."  I lose more and faith in the field of weather predicting each and every day...

Spring, I miss you.  I NEED you... and soon.  Because even though you're not always warm and pleasant, at least your temperatures are higher than 21 degrees.  And I know that your arrival means that summer isn't far behind......

Love,
Lisa

0 comments:

Post a Comment