Sun Volt

Last Sunday night was another concert at Hartwood Acres, and I was super excited about it. I didn't post about it previously because I've been so busy at work.... Anyway!

It was a beautiful night (following the hottest day of the summer so far!), I was wearing a super cute maxi sun dress that I hadn't found an excuse to break out yet for the entire summer (because it had been so rainy and cold), we had some friends joining us, and it was a band that Dave knew of and he really likes their music.

It was the recipe for a fantastic night. However, for me it was not meant to be.

I have been suffering from increasingly intense migraines the past 8 months or so. I recently saw a doctor about them, and I now have a prescription pill that I can when I first start feeling the symptoms of the migraine.

Unfortunately, I didn't have the pills with me when I first start experiencing the symptoms of the migraine that hit me shortly after we arrived at the concert, so I wasn't able to take anything to stop it from becoming a full-fledged migraine. It sucked. I don't remember most of the concert (I tend to "black out" in terms of memory when I have a migraine and typically lose large chunks of my time/life), and I'm pretty sure I wasn't great company. We ended up leaving slightly early to beat the traffic, at which point Dave spilled his entire beer on my foot/leg, leaving my flip flop slimy sticky and my dress reeking of beer. I was cranky, and was unnecessarily upset by the beer spill, but I know it wasn't intentional.

I don't remember anything about the band at all - what their sounded like, their style of music, etc. So, here is a picture. It's all the memory I really have.

D tells me that as far as performances go,
this band was about as low energy as they get.


And this picture of myself before the migraine hit.

See how happy I look??? Migraines suck for sudden-onset and intense pain.

So, I can't believe I'm saying this, but I think that as far as performances go, Sun Volt ranks UNDER Patti Smyth, simply because they were apparently lame with little to no personality. Has anyone else ever seen this group? Are they better at different venues?

1 comments:

Mario said...

Yes, Son Volt is a good band, and even though they are kind of low key and mellow, I've seen a couple of great shows from them. So I think you guys unfortunately just got a bad show.

Post a Comment