I'm annoyed with Mother Nature

Anyone who knows me knows that I love the sun. I love the beach, and talk constantly about how much I want to go on a vacation somewhere warm and sunny (just ask D - I drive him crazy by constantly going on and on about wanting to go to the beach.) I have a wonderful lounge chair, and there is nothing that I have wanted more this summer than a few sunny days so I could lay out. I tan easily and love the warm feeling of freshly tanned skin.

In general, I've been ok with this oddly cool and mild summer. On most days, I'm grateful for the cool breezes and relatively low humidity.

But now it's August, and I'm as pale as I have ever been in August. I can feel Fall in the air, just a moment's notice away, and I still haven't gotten a good summer tan.

So, I just looked at the 10 day forecast for my area. I've pasted the results below, but for simplicity's sake, allow me to summarize:

Monday through Friday of this week - sun sun and more sun; highs in the 80s
Saturday and Sunday - Rain. Rain, rain, rain.
Monday through Wednesday of next week - Sunny sun sun sun. Warm temperatures and low, comfortable humidity.

Here is what I saw:

Today Aug 24

Mostly Sunny
Mostly Sunny 75°

Tue Aug 25

Sunny
Sunny84°

WedAug 26

Partly Cloudy
Partly Cloudy82°

Thu Aug 27

Partly Cloudy
Partly Cloudy75°

Fri Aug 28

Partly Cloudy
Partly Cloudy76°

Sat Aug 29

Scattered T-Storms
Scattered T-Storms 76°

Sun Aug 30

Showers
Showers 72°

Mon Aug 31

Partly Cloudy
Partly Cloudy 72°

Tue Sep 1

Sunny
Sunny 73°

Wed Sep 2

Sunny
Sunny 74°

Ugh. Depressing. I think I'm feeling a vacation day coming up... on a weekday.

0 comments:

Post a Comment