Mini-vacation Part 3 - Water dog

I know, I know - my previous mini-vacation "parts" didn't have titles, but this one definitely deserves it.

Here's why:


Just too cute, don't you think!?!??!

As I mentioned previously, we left the cabin on Saturday night and went to Wilmington to meet with D's mom and to pick up Murphy. We took her out to dinner to celebrate the end of her radiation treatment and had a great meal at the Iron Hill Brewery in downtown Wilmington, right on the water. It was a beautiful night and not humid at all, although I did get a few bug bites.

We left relatively early the next morning to head back to the cabin. After Murphy's first swimming success last year, we were just too excited about getting him back in the water again.

Just like last year, he was not afraid of the water at all, although he stayed close to the shore early on. Then we started throwing sticks, and he was like, "Oh yeah, I remember how this swimming thing goes." Early on he was swallowing excessive amounts of water when scooping up the stick with his mouth, which resulted in a lot of choking and gagging, but he learned quickly as well (it's so cool to see learning and progress in action!)

So, we threw sticks, and then we threw some more, and then some more. His energy was non-stop!!! We quit throwing sticks, at which point Murphy proceeded to swim out to retrieve all of the sticks and branches that were floating further out. He single-handedly cleaned the water near the shore line of all sticks, grasses, leaves, etc. When all of those things were cleared, he went back out grabbed the rope that connects the dock to a concrete block and started pulling. SOOO funny!! He was SO determined to pull that "stick" in that he wouldn't let go, even when I was calling him and in the end, I was so worried that he would wear himself out and drown that I went in after him and made him let go of the rope. It was so fricking cute that my heart nearly exploded.

So, that's the end of the mini-vacation posts. Who knew that it would take me so long to recap them?

I leave you with this one final picture, one that D captured while playing tug of war. He loves this picture because he says it gives him some "street cred," since he says he always feels less manly when he's walking a foofy little white dog.


We call this one "Killer"

0 comments:

Post a Comment