Hot and "Suite"

Last night my aunt L and uncle K were staying at a hotel just outside of Pittsburgh.  A hotel that just happened to be the same hotel that we stayed at during our wedding weekend.  I was excited to go and visit them there because I have warm, nostalgic feelings for that hotel and because what I remember of it is mostly a blur (a good blur, but a blur nonetheless.)

The Holiday Day, RIDC Park.  Perhaps the longest hotel in the world.

We went to dinner at the nearby Max and Erma's and then went back to the Holiday Inn for a drink or two.  While D played "monkey in the middle" with our niece...

... and her bear, I went to the hotel bar with my sister so that she could get a drink.

Our "after party" following the reception was held at the bar in the Holiday Inn.  D's mom bought "chips" from the bartender and passed them out to all of the wedding guests that game to celebrate afterwards.  When D and I walked, everyone cheered, and it was super fun and exciting to have so many people still want to celebrate with us, even after our 5 hour reception. 

So I was excited to go to the bar to check it out, since once again, it was mostly a blur and yet I still felt those same warm, fuzzy feelings of nostalgia.

Well, I can say for sure that the bar on a Sunday night in August 2009 was NOT the same as the bar on that Saturday night back in May 2008.

A group shot of D's family from the after-party celebration on our wedding night!

There was NO ONE there.  No one.  The bartender was sitting on a stool, with the contents of her purse dumped out, texting on her phone.  She offered to make my sister a drink that included pineapple juice, only to then state that she was out of pineapple and thus substituted orange juice instead.  Needless to say, it was not the fun and exciting place that I remembered it to be.

So after two Straub Light's in a can - yep, IN A CAN! - we headed home.  It was already 9:30 and with D being a teacher, we try to aim for a 10 p.m. bedtime, which clearly wasn't going to happen since we had a 35 minute drive a head of us.

But, we weren't so rushed that we didn't have time to take two last pictures.  Pictures that describe us perfectly.

Me? I'm hot.

 
And D? Well, he's the sweet one. 

Wouldn't you agree?

0 comments:

Post a Comment