I AM the warrior


The Warrior herself, Patty Smyth

Sunday night we went to Hartwood Acres for their Sunday night concert series, featuring.... wait for it.... Patty Smyth! Ha! Who is Patty Smyth, you ask? (Because I know I certainly asked.) Well, she's the 80's rocker who sings, "The Warrior," "Sometimes Love Just Ain't Enough," and "Good-bye to You." Those were the only three songs that I knew, but it was ok. The ambiance of Hartwood Acres and the awesome experience of being outside on a beautiful night in August, listening to a free concert, sitting in beach chairs, and drinking beer from a cooler meant that I would have enjoyed nearly any musical act.

S and I toasting just behind the "alcohol prohibited" sign on that big pole.

It's weekends like this one that make me really appreciate the few weekends we get to spend at home. Care to join us next weekend? I think the band is called Son Volt, and we definitely be there!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment