Soooo frustrating!!!

Three years ago, when D and I bought our first house, we spent thousands and thousands of dollars furnishing our new home. Since we were college students previously living with hand-me-down dressers, sagging mattresses, and futons, we were more than willing to get rid of all that stuff and replace it with new, quality stuff that would complement and fit nicely in our new home.

My sister and niece enjoying the loveseat in our first house in Edgewood

D is a huge fan of buying nice things that will last a long time. That said, we were also interested in making sure that our stuff was covered in case of damage. And that - my friends - is how we were suckered into paying $400 for a warranty that is completely worthless. I feel like SUCH a sucker...

So, whatever you do, DO NOT buy any warranty from UltraShield. We bought our furniture from Roomful Express but apparently UltraShield sells through a lot of furniture companies that are slightly less than reputable. (That is not to say that we aren't happy with our furniture that we bought from there, but their saleperson are less than ethical and they'll tell you ANYTHING to make a sale.)

1 comments:

Laura said...

I don't think I ever buy waranties on anything. I figure if they get real pushy when you say no or start to ask detailed questions it's because they make money if they get you to buy it... and if they are trying to sell me just so they can make more money then I don't want it. Salespeople hate me.

Post a Comment