The diet begins again!

As of today (actually, as of Monday), Dave and I have officially gone back on diets.  And by diets, we don't necessarily mean the get-slim-quick diets, but more like the "make-healthy-decisions" diet.

We're reinstating our effort to make sure that at least 50% of our food are on the anti-cancer diet list. We're making a commitment to exercise - together - for at least 30 minutes a day, 5 days a week.  We're committing to only consuming alcohol in moderation, and only on weekends, with one exception per month for a happy hour dinner and exceptions as needed for extremely special occasions. 

I will once again be utilizing...




... since I had so much success with it last year.  I plan out all of my food for the entire day beforehand, and enter it all into the system.  I make sure that I'm within my daily caloric intake range, and then package everything up.  I know that I can ONLY eat the stuff that I've planned for.  
I will be taking and recording body measurements, and maybe I will even post my stats here, to track my progress.  That's scary, putting myself out there like that, but it's also good for accountability. 
I'm starting this mission again because I've let myself go.  I've gain 15 pounds since May 2008, and I plan to lose all 15 of those again, over the next couple of months.  My clothes still fit, but some are tight, others tight as hell, and I REFUSE to invest in new clothing just because I've outgrown my current wardrobe. 
Tonight I will be taking a "before" pictures, as well as my stats, and then the journey officially begins. 
Wish me luck!

1 comments:

Laura said...

Good luck!!! A book you might be interested in is called Eat This and Live. I'm half way through but it is definitely helping me to make better food decisions and it is pretty motivational.

Also... have you checked out my friends blog that I wrote about the other day... Try Try Again? She's great motivation for weight loss/healthy eating too!

Post a Comment