Maternity Outfits Part 1

Since I've talked so much about maternity clothing, I thought I'd showcase some of the outfits that I've been wearing the past few weeks (mostly to work) to show you that it really it possible to have a cute maternity wardrobe without spending a fortune.  (Well, I suppose that's really subjective.  After all, if you don't agree that my outfits are cute, then this post is useless to you.  Don't tell me if you don't think I'm cute. I need positive moral support these days.)  



This first outfit is actually 100% purchased new, but still not super expensive.
Pants: Motherhood Maternity, $18 on sale
Shirt: Gabe's, $10 and NOT a maternity shirt (but I did buy size XL, when usually I wear a medium)
Shoes: Gabe's, $5
Total cost: $33


This dress was given to me by a co-worker who is done having kids.  It's not something that I would have purchased for myself, but it was 100% free and it fits, which at this point, is good enough for me!
Total: $0



This isn't a particularly exciting outfit (brown skirt, white shirt, ehh..) but it's still work appropriate and comfortable, so I love it. You've already seen it in my week 30 picture update.  The shirts with side ruching weren't my favorites a few weeks ago, but now that I fill them out, I totally understand why pregnant women rave about shirts with side ruching.
Shirt: Target Liz Lange Maternity, $4.84 on clearance
Skirt: From my sister's old maternity wardrobe
Total: $4.84


 Last outfit for this post.  This one includes the same black capris that were part of the first outfit, with yet another non-maternity shirt and a maternity camisole tanktop.  I loved this outfit a few weeks ago when it was a little cooler.  Now that the temps are in the 80s and 90s, I can't handle the double layer of shirts, or the length and snugness of the capris. 

Pants: Motherhood Maternity, $18 on sale
Shirt: Gabe's, $12.99 and once again, not a maternity shirt. It just happens to be super stretchy.
Camisole tank top: Gabe's, $6.99
Total cost: $37.98

By far one of my most expensive outfits, but I assure you that I wore this is a ton in the spring, so even if I never wear any of those pieces again (which I will) I still got my moneys worth.

Is this interesting to anyone other than me?  Should I still do a Part 2 of this topic??

1 comments:

Corinne said...

I think you look great! It's crazy how in the front photos you don't look all that pregnant but then you turn to the side and there's your belly!! I love it.
I think it's awesome that you look that great with the little amount you spent on the clothes!

Post a Comment