Flipped

At my 32 week doctor's appointment, she confirmed with me what I had already been thinking - Baby Hartman had finally flipped.  I had been feeling a lot of kicking higher up in my abdomen, and even though it's still too early to say for sure whether or not he'll stay there, she was fairly confident that he was finally head down.

Great news!

Then this morning, I woke up at around 5 a.m. and the little guy was kicking like crazy.  I couldn't fall back asleep (sooooo sad) and finally got out of bed around 6.  I showered, turned on the TV and started putting on my make-up.  All was well.  Then dried my hair.  Pretty normal morning, right?  Although it was a bit strange since little Critter was kicking more than usual.

Then I started straightening my hair, and that's when "IT" happened.

This tiny little baby inside of me started peddling his feet like he was on a bicycling.  It was like he was pumping for dear life, so ferociously.  I felt the feet peddle at the top of my belly and then all the way down my right side.  I could literally feel my organs being pummeled in there.  I felt sick to my stomach and wanted to throw up, but there was nothing in my stomach to throw up. 

I stood there for a moment, in shock, and incredibly nauseous.  The peddling was now happening exclusively on what I initially thought was my bladder, but now I realize it as something else, since it just hurt incredibly bad and didn't actually make me feel like I had to go to the bathroom.  What other organs are down there? Intestines? Kidneys? I have no idea.  In any case, it hurt so bad, it bent me over.

I couldn't remain standing, the nausea was so bad, so I went and laid down for about 10 minutes, and slowly the intense movement passed.  I still felt sick, but at least I could finally stand up.  It was clear by the continued occasional kick though, that he was now - once again - butt down, instead of head down.

I left for work nearly 20 minutes late because of this ordeal, but honestly, when I was happening I wasn't sure that I would go to work at all.  All morning he was still more active than he ever is - it's so strange. 

The good news is, I think he's flipped back, as I now once again feel the kicking closer to my ribs.  I still feel sick, and am completely exhausted (either from the lack of sleep, or being pummeled in the organs, who knows?).  I certainly hope that he never pulls a stunt like that again!! I miss my sleepy, complacent and well-behaved little fetus!!!

1 comments:

Corinne said...

Holy crap!! That sounds so scary, awful and so uncomfortable! I'm glad things are a little better for you but gosh! How awful those several minutes must have been!

Post a Comment