Topes Y Cenotes - Tulum, Mexico, Part 12 - Fun Night!

After an exciting day at Cenote Cristal, we relaxed around the resort for the afternoon. It was fairly overcast and not necessarily the perfect day for sunning.  So we went back to the room in mid-afternoon to find that leaving a tip for the housekeeping staff provided with us towel art!

Sorry - I'm not allowed to post the picture, but trust me, it was cute!

DH was feeling good today, and this boy was ready to eat some food, so he ordered some room service consisting of a fruit plate and chicken fingers. 

We decided that this would be a good day to see how the ocean snorkeling was (will be discussed further in a separate post!)  Snorkeling was fun but exhausting, so afterwards we went back to the room and amused ourselves that afternoon by doing things such as comparing the size of DH's toe to the size of a Coronita bottle, and making head-pinching images.  Ahh... overcast days while on vacation.

Not long after that we headed out for dinner, this time to the Asian themed restaurant called Himitsu.  Like all of the other themed restaurants on the resort, we found that the food didn't always necessarily follow the "theme."  I had a beef dish that was supposed to be "Asian beef," but it was basically just beef cuts in a thin gravy. I can't even remember what DH ordered.  Like most of the food that we ate that week, it was only "eh."

But surprise, surprise!!! DH finished a meal and didn't feel like he was dying!! Were we seriously going to be able to spend an evening outside of our room????  I was worried about getting my hopes up, but secretly thrilled that we might actually be able to stay up past 9 p.m.!

We ordered some drinks and spent some time wandering around the resort, since there wasn't much going on since most people were still eating dinner.  During our stroll, we stumbled upon this ridiculously large chess board, which DH promptly began playing.

I have no idea how to play chess, so it was a one-man game
We walked into the lobby area to check out the lobby bar and started talking to a family from Colorado who knew a lot about Pittsburgh.  This was the first night that we were able to spend some time talking to other people and we were having a grand old time.  Around 9 p.m., we decided to head back to the courtyard area to see what the evening's entertainment was going to be.  We were a little disappointed to find out that it was a juggler/comedian doing a show targeted towards children, but there was no way that we were going to back to our room, and thankfully the comedian was somewhat entertaining.  
I took a video which completely drained my camera of it's battery, which is why there are very few pictures of this night.  And of course, Blogger is telling me that there is a problem with my video, which means that I have to upload it to YouTube instead. Sorry.  I tried, I promise.  

After the balloon guy, they held the Dreams Tulum version of American Idol.  There were some really good, and some really bad singers, but overall it was very entertaining.  The "judges" were also guests at the resort, and the winner won a three-day, two-night stay at Dreams Tulum for one.  Sort of a crappy prize if you were never planning on returning, considering that you'd probably want to stay for more than two nights and would probably want to bring someone else (somehow the resort is still winning big with this "prize.")  Oh well, it was fun to watch. 
Taken by the father of the bride
We hung out at the bar for a few more hours after that, and befriended a bride whose wedding had just been that evening.  We talked with the father and step-mother for awhile, watching the bride do shots with her mother. They were all thoroughly entertaining.  Around midnight when everyone started clearing out, the bride and groom decided to get into the pool in their wedding clothes. It was very cool, but I didn't want to seem like a weird stalker talking pictures, so no photographic evidence. 

So, we started the long walk back to our room, sort of sad that our fun night was almost over, disappointed that people didn't stay as late as we wanted them to, and hopeful that this night was a turning point for DH's illness.   

We were still full of energy though (LOTS of sleep the past coupe of days!) so when we got back to the room, we played with the bade while waiting for DH's latest room service order - two plates of french fries and four bottles of water.

Coming Up...
Was DH's lack of sickness really too good to be true?  And with only one full day left, what can we do to go out with a bang!?!?!


Post a Comment