Picture Catch-Up! Weeks 21 through 23

I'm pretty sure I haven't posted any belly pictures since week 20, so it's time to play catch-up!


Advanced apology - Sorry for the blurry pictures, but I'm still horrible at this self photography thing.  Also, I take these pictures at like, 6:45 in the morning right after I get out of the shower, which is why I generally look like I just rolled out of bed (I did.)  I need  live-in photographer.

Anyway, on to the pictures!!!

Week 21




Week 22



Week 23




It's less noticeable to me in these pictures than it feels in real life, but I feel like these past three (well, four weeks since I'm technically at 24 as of tomorrow) weeks have seen considerable growth. Most noticeable (to me, at least) is the lost of my waist.  Perhaps that's why you don't notice massive change in these pictures? I feel like a lot of my insides - instead of being pushed forward - were pushed to the sides.  I officially am waistless. My one pair of non-maternity jeans that fit at 20 weeks have officially been retired.  About 50 percent of my work shirts have been packed away and the name of the game in dressing is now "long and stretchy."

Speaking of stretchy, I can physically feel my skin stretching, which is not a comfortable feeling.  I hate it in fact.  I keep looking for stretch marks - none yet (knock on wood.)  I've been cocoa butter lotion every day religiously, and don't waste your time telling me that the stuff doesn't work and I'll probably still get them anyway.  I know that.  In fact, I'm painfully aware of the fact, but I need to at least know that I tried to do something to prevent them, and at the very least, moist skin is more stretchable than dry skin, right? It's got to help a little.  Considering that I had stretch marks about 5 years when I was more or less really overweight, I'm pretty sure it's inevitable that I'll get them again, since I'm really close to weighing what I weighed back then.

Our little guy now weighs over a pound, and his weight will double over the next four weeks!  Does that mean I should get ready for more growth as well!?!?

1 comments:

Corinne said...

love the pictures!! You are looking great!

Post a Comment