Another Ear Infection

We thought that perhaps after pulling EH out of daycare back in February that we would get away from the vicious cycle of ear infections.  And for 2.5 months, that was true.  But sometime a week or two ago EH got a cold (possible from DH) and after a week of making him suffer through it - and one really bad night when I was up with him for 4 hours straight - we took him to the doctor and he was diagnosed with another ear infection. I think this is ear infection number 7, but honestly I've lost count.

So, he's on antibiotics again.  He's also on steroids this time because he has a vicious cough that keeps him awake all night hacking.  If the steroids don't work, they're going to make us do breathing treatments so let's hope the 'roids work.

I don't think that I ever wrote about it on here, but EH was really close to having to get tubes in his ears.  We had the surgery date set and everything.  And then we told his pediatrician that we were pulling him out of day care and he recommended that we wait to see if the infections stopped or continued.  I really think he believed that they would stop, so we were disappointed to hear that he had one again.  We're not sure what the next step will be - will we still hold off on the tubes? Or is he going to have to get them now? - but we'll find out more on Friday when he goes for his 9 month well visit.  I seriously can not believe that he is nearly three quarters of a year old!


Post a Comment