The Ceremony

We arrived at the church with plenty of time to spare, although for some reason, it still felt rushed.  The church was packed, as they were expecting over 225 guests at their reception, and everyone was seated in the two middle sections of the church. 

First, the boys came out.

Then came the girls, but I don't have any pictures.  You see, even though I got a great end seat, I was near the middle of the aisle.  This was also where the photographer wanted to be, so she was always in my way, which meant that I could only get a picture right as the person was walking next to me.  Which didn't turn out so great - in fact, all of those pictures turned out blurry.  So, this is really the only picture of have of any of the girls walking down the aisle. But, for those of you who love looking at wedding dresses, this is a great view of the back of her dress!

Happy P with her dad

See that photographer in the lower left corner?  She was everywhere!

The ceremony was your traditional Catholic wedding mass, sans communion.  Even though it lasted for about 45 minutes, it didn't feel that long (except for my feet, who were in those 3 and 1/2 inch heels I mentioned earlier), which was nice.

And do you recognize the shot above from the one that I originally posted from the rehearsal?  Isn't the stained glass pretty when the light is shining through? It made for some tough lighting for my little point and shoot camera though, which is yet another reason I have very few pictures.

And then it was over!

Do you see what I mean about the lighting? That sun was blinding!

Happy P's dad had arranged for him and her to arrive to the church in a horse drawn carriage, and then after the ceremony - instead of doing a receiving line - they just went straight to the carriage for a "victory lap" of sorts, and then loaded into the limo bus to head to the reception site.

Let's get this show on the road!

As you can see, the weather was actually quite beautiful for it being the middle of December.  And while it was still quite brisk (in the low 40's, I think) the sun made it feel much warmer.  Compare to the horrible weather that we experience on our drive home the next day, this day felt like a July afternoon at the beach! But, that story is for another post.....


Post a Comment